Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: Spalted Pear face and Pear Log with hole drilled at a limb inclusion.
- Walnut shells, gingerbread treatments and bark sections adorn the face of the birdhouse and add that extra detail that adds contrast texture and interest to the piece. Molding is used to finish off the face of the birdhouse in the same way you see molding used in a home.
- Roof: Two joined live edge mini slabs of walnut are used to form a 45 degree angled roof. Green resin was added to a limb inclusion on the roof sections for added color. A brushed metal copper ridge line is the perfect color contrast to the the green resin.
- Sides: Spalted Maple.
- Back: The back of the birdhouse is made from stained wood. A four piece book marked pattern of Spalted Tamarind wood adorns the back with a sliced section of a walnut shell and a small turquoise stone.
- Bottom: The bottom is made from a thick piece of Spalted Maple with hard Maple feet. It is removable for cleaning.
- Height: It stands approximately 13" tall x 16" wide x 5.5" deep.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 coat of wax. If needed you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected.