Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from bookmatched live edge Cherry Burl with bark inclusion white resin filled regions. Cork sits at the peak of the house with an antler at the top of the peak. A blue gemstone caps the cork for perfect contrast. Contrasting walnut stain birch wraps delicately over the top of the mahogany entrance hole roof line with a walnut slice at the peak. A cherry peg capped with white resin.
- Roof: The roof is made from live edge cherry milled by hand and framed at a 22.5 degree angle. The ridge line is topped with an additional mini slab of live edge cherry.
- Back: The backside is made from cherry over laid with spalted maple sections padauk and walnut shell slices.
- Bottom: Live edge Cherry is removable for cleaning once the screws are removed and a custom foot burned to add contrast with additional walnut shell slices.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 12" tall x 8" deep and 10" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.