Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from bookmatched Lebanon Cedar with layered section of more Lebanon Cedar and at the peak beautifully figured Bradford Pear where a crotch section where two limbs meet. A round ornament sits in the center of the birdhouse just above the entrance hole made from a burl section of wood embedded in clear resin. The post is a platform made from a spalted maple tree limb. The roof covering the entrance hole is bark inclusion laurel section. Moulding finishes the birdhouse.
- Roof: The roof is made from live edge cherry milled by hand and framed at a 22.5 degree angle. The ridge line is topped with brushed and hammer copper and topped with a piece of Lebanon Cedar.
- Back: The backside is made from irregular and undulating sections of Cherry. Lebanon Cedar caps the piece and is finished with moulding. The center section is made of Spalted maple and capped at the top by a walnut shell slice. A hard yellow pine round functions as the interior of the birdhouse.
- Base: The base which is removable for cleaning is made of Spalted Maple with four hard Maple feet.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 17" tall x 6.5" deep and 12" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.