Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse, it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from a live edge Maple Burl and Koa veneers. A brass knob functions as the post and rough hewed cherry makes up the entrance hole awning.
- Roof: The roof is made from milled live edge Cherry mini log slabs and formed into a 22.5 degree angle at the ridge line and topped with live edge Birch limb.
- Back: The backside is made from stained birch and sliced root ball in a book matched fashion.
- Bottom: The bottom feet are made of shaped feet that have been burned for added contrast. For cleaning slide the wood section to the side once the screws are removed.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 18" tall x 9" deep and 10" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.