Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from Maple Burl, Spalted Maple awning, and a Burl chunk for the post. A Walnut mini slab section sits in the peak of the birdhouse with a cherry cap and oak molding.
- Roof: The roof is made from milled live edge Cherry mini log slabs with a carved undulating surface and uniquely shaped drip edge. The roof line is formed at a 45 degree angle with the ridge line topped by a brush copper section.
- Sides: Made from hard yellow pine and cedar.
- Back: The backside is made from a mini Cherry slab section, book matched root ball slices. A shapely section of spalted Maple adorned with a turquoise stone sits in the peak of the birdhouse. Delicate molding finishes the entire house.
- Bottom: Hard yellow pine finishes the bottom with burned feet adding depth and interest. For cleaning, slide the wood section to the side once the screws are removed.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 13" tall x 7.5" deep and 19.5" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.