Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from a live edge mini Cherry with added pyrography, a blue stone and a stone arrowhead. Laurel has been shaped to form the entrance hole awning and post.
- Roof: The roof is made from milled live edge Cherry mini log slabs and shaped with an undulating surface. At a 22.5 degree angle at the ridge line and topped with copper.
- Sides: Made from hard yellow pine
- Back: The backside is made from veneered cork, Koa, Purple heart, Spalted maple, a Laurel log cookie, a Cherry log cookie and a petrified wood stone. Delicate molding finishes the entire house.
- Bottom: Hard yellow pine with added pyrography accents is removable for cleaning once the screws are removed.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 15" tall x 6.5" deep and 9" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability If needed you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.