Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of this birdhouse is made from book matched Lebanon Cedar and a mini slab of crotch wood Cherry. Two blue stones and a polished red stone accent the face. A bamboo ring and simple post dress the face also.
- Roof: The roof is made from milled live edge Lebanon Cedar mini log slabs and shaped with an undulating surface. At a 45 degree angle at the ridge line and topped with brushed copper. Leather triangles accent the ridge line attached with silver tacks.
- Back: Is made of a hard yellow pine round and carved for added interest. A tigers eye stone embellishes the back. The peak is closed off with an antique gold painted piece of wood and dressed with a mountain Laurel log cookie.
- Bottom: Spalted Maple base allows for cleaning once the screws are removed.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 11" tall x 6" deep and 15.5" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.