Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from Spalted Maple a bamboo entrance cover with a pink stone. Twine and a root have been added for greater authenticity and the actual way a rural cabin may look in the mountains. Mini logs have been placed on the front porch with a log to sit on as well as mini acorns.
- Roof: The roof is made from Lebanon Cedar mini boards and framed at a 45 degree angle. The ridge line is topped with a Lebanon cedar board in keeping with traditional building styles of cabins.
- Sides: The sides are covered in brick like stones.
- Back: The backside emulates a traditional log cabin with chinking and made from Lebanon cedar boards.
- Bottom: Spalted Maple is removable for cleaning once the screws are removed.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 12" tall x 8" deep and 15" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.