Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: Book matched Spalted Pear with a matching limb inclusion adorns the face of this birdhouse. A Pear Logs limb inclusion has been made into the entrance hole for the house. Additionally, a multi colored stone sits at the peak just under the eve. Molding is used to finish off the face of the birdhouse in the same way you see molding used in a home.
- Roof: Veneered Walnut burl is wrapped with cedar molding and capped off at the ridge line with a live edge Walnut mini slab.
- Sides: Hard yellow pine shapes the sides with added pyrography.
- Back: The back of the birdhouse is made from veneered cork with Laurel log cookies, walnut slices and a tree root section.
- Bottom: The bottom is made from yellow pine and removable for cleaning.
- Height: It stands approximately 12.5" tall x 17.5" wide x 8.5" deep.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 coat of wax. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected.