Whether you buy this as an in home sculpture or an outside useable birdhouse this will surely be a conversation piece. I take a great deal of time preparing each piece that goes into the making of the birdhouse it's all about the details! I spend between 10 to 15 hours to create these one of a kind masterpieces and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when I am making them. Removable base for cleaning.
- Face: The face of the house is made from Spalted Maple with a pear entrance hole roof and bark inclusion post. Red oak stained birch sweeps into the face of the house with a maple burl sitting at its edge, a grey white and gold resin section balances the peak area along with pear live edge moulding. Finally, a small antler section caps the peak which accents the blue and white gemstone which adds the perfect contrast.
- Roof: The roof is made from live edge cherry milled by hand with an undulating surface all shaped by hand. The roof line is framed at a 22.5 degree angle. The ridge line is topped with brushed and hammered copper.
- Back: The backside is made from a dark rich cork and topped by a root ball that is dark red in hue. Two mirroring sections of Paduk are positioned on top. A section of antler sits above the root ball and is topped with white resin for an additional interest. More antler is positioned at the peak of the house with a blue and white gemstone on it. At the base two book matched sections of Laurel wood balance the house with star shaped Paduk and a multicolored gemstone.
- Bottom: Made from hard yellow pine is removable for cleaning once the screws are removed. Two custom feet stained with Early American add even more contrast.
- Height: This birdhouse stands approximately 16.5" tall x 7.5" deep and 11.5" wide.
- Each house has 2 coats of exterior urethane and 1 heavy coat of wax for extended durability. If needed, you can add a spray coat of urethane each year after cleaning the house to help keep the wood protected but the wax should hold up for a long time.